Thursday, October 14, 2010

Hey, hey, it's a beautiful day!

I was woken shortly before 6.30 this morning by the sun shining through my bedroom window. It was such a welcome sight after all the rain.

The weather bureau has cancelled the severe weather warning, however more rain is on the way. I'm looking forward to being able to set up my work area out on the balcony again, as it's my favourite work location with inspiring views over the water to North Stradbroke Island.



"Fallen from HEAVEN" mosaic, which overlooks my outdoor work area.

The above mosaic wall plaque was inspired by the many green tree frogs which ventured onto my balcony from a nearby tree. They often appeared unexpectedly, as if they had fallen from the sky. The tree itself was very sick when I first moved in, but made a speedy recovery after I removed the grubs around the trunk and roots before pruning and feeding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment