Friday, June 24, 2011

Moroccan style media cabinet

Media cabinet before adding doors, timber stain,
and other embellishments.
I'm nearing completion of a Moroccan style media cabinet I am making from reused timber. I am very happy with the way it is evolving, and not having all the necessary power tools has given me the opportunity to learn more traditional methods.




Currently, I am searching for information regarding the correct type of hinges to hang the doors flush inside a "frame-less" cabinet.

Media cabinet door with
reused "clear hammered
glass" and ceramic knob.
Having never made doors for anything before, I didn't realise there were so many variations in hinge configuration, and I'm even more confused by the apparent inconsistency in their names.

If you can help with info regarding hinge types, please post a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment