Thursday, January 20, 2011

Cleaning up after floods

My clean-up after the local flooding here is bigger than I expected... after everything had almost dried, I had a chance to take a proper look and get to work cleaning up under the house.

Part of work area under house,
during clean-up showing erosion from flood water.
I thought I could cope with the clean-up on my own, after all it's comparatively nothing compared to what others in Brisbane have experienced. But to me it's a lot, as I've now lost a fair amount of what I've spent the last 6 years setting up to produce artwork to supplement my limited income from a disability pension and am struggling to get my head around the clean-up let alone the physical challenges. But I'm often very resourceful and know I will get through it one way or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment