Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Still cleaning up after floods... 7 months on

I knew it would take me a long time to clean up after the floods here, but certainly didn't expect to be still going more than six months later! I must admit however, that my slow pace is also largely due to ongoing vandalism here which has required me to relocate my larger work areas indoors, as well as repairing the vandalised garden art pieces. I still hadn't gotten over my car being vandalised, when it happened again... but this time I witnessed it, and am not surprised to see who was involved, as they've constantly voiced their misplaced 'hatred' of others and often said I will never be a real artist as well as making numerous threats from the moment I met them. What is a surprise, is that the police still have not taken a statement from me regarding the car vandalism and burglary or any of the recent serious events, despite being contacted three times over the last few months.


The weirdness hasn't stopped there, with my phone line being cut, electricity often being switched off during the night, as well as numerous mail deliveries going astray, threats to kill others or cause property damage, and numerous other very unusual things ranging from just plain annoying or inconvenient to potentially life threatening. Regardless of whatever reason this person gives for doing these things, it is totally unacceptable behaviour!

While waiting on the legal system to deal with these matters, I've continued to address the challenges of less workspace by building more shelving to help ease the demand for storage of my artwork and tools etc. I've also begun repairing some of the vandalised garden art pieces and keeping my spirits up by continuing on newer projects.

After visiting numerous hardware stores and websites, I'm still searching for hinges to complete the Moroccan style media cabinet. I've come close to finding them, however they either are not in stock, are not the type of metal I want or don't have screws of the right length in the same material, which is important because different metals coming into contact with each other can cause corrosion. The cabinet still looks pretty good without the doors, but I feel they will be a perfect finishing embellishment. I still have plenty of other projects to keep me busy in the meantime...

'Flow Dreaming' mosaic sewing box - vitreous and
stained glass, and glass nuggets on hand painted
& lacquered craftwood box.

No comments:

Post a Comment